Frank B. Williams, Jr. Papers
Scope and Contents
The Frank B. Williams, Jr. Papers contain documents relating to Williams' graduate school years, to his career at East Tennessee State, and to his post-retirement years. Included are correspondence, lecture notes, research notes and articles used in research projects, and drafts of A University's History.
- Williams, Frank B., Jr. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research. In accordance with the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974 and the Tennessee Code, Section 10-7-504, records containing student grades have been removed from the collection and may not be consulted by researchers.
17.50 linear feet (36 Boxes; 3 Oversize folders)
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into the following series: Series 1, Graduate School Coursework, 1939-49; Series 2, Office Files, 1949-79; Series 3, Teaching, 1949-88; Series 4, Research, 1949-89; Series 5, A University's Story, 1911-1980; Series 6, Professional Service, 1949-88; and Series 7, Other Materials, 1941-92.
Method of Acquisition
The Frank B. Williams, Jr. Papers were donated to the University Archives by Frank B. Williams, Jr. in separate installments in 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1995.
A.Cunningham, A.Kilgore, M.Garant, S.Schwartz completed processing the collection in 1991.
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Williams, Frank Broyles, 1913-
- Culp, Delos Poe
- DeRosier, Arthur H.
- Dossett, Burgin E. (Burgin Estel), 1898-1993
- Dove, George Naff, 1913-2003
- East Tennessee State College--History
- East Tennessee State Normal School--History
- East Tennessee State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University. Dept. of History
- Gilbreath, Sidney G. (Sidney Gordon), 1869-1961
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rogers, William Flinn, 1898-1985
- Tennessee--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- A.Cunningham, A.Kilgore, M.Garant, S.Schwartz; M.Tedesco
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA