Alumni Affairs Office Records
Scope and Contents
The Alumni Affairs Office Records consist primarily of black and white photographic prints which depict student and faculty activities, special events, and campus buildings and scenes, 1970-85. Photographic negatives depicting campus life are also included, as are miscellaneous correspondence, publications, lists, newspaper clippings, notes, two phonodiscs, three oversize certificates, and artifacts which relate to East Tennessee State, and a scrapbook documenting the alumni association activities, primarily for the period between 1915 and 1964. In addition, diplomas and certificates awarded to Henrietta Peck Ayre Green, a graduate of East Tennessee State Normal School and East Tennessee State College are included.
- 1894 - 2010
- East Tennessee State University. Alumni Affairs Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
5.50 linear feet (Consisting of 11 manuscript boxes, 1 oversize folder, 2 phonodiscs)
Language of Materials
The Alumni Affairs Office Records are divided into five series as follows: Series 1, Photographic Prints; Series 2, Photographic Negatives; Series 3, Henrietta Peck Ayre Green Materials; Series 4, Printed and Miscellaneous Materials; and Series 5, Artifacts.
Method of Acquisition
The Alumni Affairs Office Records were transferred to the University Archives by the Alumni Affairs Office on January 10, 1986 and March 20, 1991. The collection was opened for research in November 1997.
Accruals and Additions
Acq. 2010-043 was integrated into the records on July 31, 2012.
Two ETSNS diplomas (1912 and 1914) and an ETSNS certificate (1912) which belonged to Henrietta Peck Green Ayre have been removed from Series III, and stored in the map cabinets by accession number. Two phonodiscs, "There is a Balm in Gilead" by the East Tennessee State College Glee Club and "You're Just in Love," by Anita Roddy and Bronson Matney have been placed in the audio-visual storage area.
T.Fisher and Marie Tedesco completed processing the collection in 1989. Ned Irwin revised the guide in 1997.
- Green, Henrietta Peck Ayre
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State University -- Buildings
- East Tennessee State University--Alumni and alumnae
- East Tennessee State University--Buildings
- East Tennessee State University--Description--Views
- East Tennessee State University--Employees
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty
- East Tennessee State University--Faculty--Biography
- East Tennessee State University--Societies, etc.
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- East Tennessee State University--Students
- East Tennessee State University. Alumni Association
- National Register of Historic Places
- Negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Speeches, addresses, etc. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Universities and colleges--Departments Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- T.Fisher, Marie Tedesco, and Ned Irwin
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note