Biography of Dr. and Mrs. A.S.N. Dobson of Limestone R.F.D. Tenn.
Collection — Box: C (Small Collections)
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of a photocopy of the typewritten Biography of Dr. and Mrs. A. S. N. Dobson of Limestone R.F.D. Tenn. According to the title page, Dobson wrote the biography between 1910 and 1914, and his son, Roy Calvin, edited the document in 1915. The Dobson autobiography covers aspects of Dobson's life from his conscription into the Confederate army in 1862, through his postwar career as a medical doctor in the Broylesville area. Inserted at the conclusion of the biography are genealogies of the Dobson and McGaughey families.
Conditions Governing Access
The biography is open for research.
0.10 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Margie Wilson, one of Dr. Dobson's granddaughters, gave a photocopy to Kyle McQueen of Broylesville, Tennessee after he purchased her grandfather's house. McQueen allowed the Archives of Appalachia staff to make a copy of the Dr. and Mrs. A. S. N. Dobson autobiography in November 1982.
Existence and Location of Originals
The family retained possession of the original.
Norma Myers completed processing in 1982. Marie Tedesco revised the finding aid in 1995.
- Dobson, Nannie Jane McGaughey
- Autobiography (genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cumberland Gap (Ky. and Va.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808-1875
- Medicine--Practice--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Religious life--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee, East--History--Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note