James Kevin Research Collection
Scope and Contents
The James Kevin Research collection consists of research files on Edward C. Huffaker and his work with early aviation in late 19th and early 20th century America. It also includes genealogical information on the Huffaker family. The collection includes Kevin’s in-coming and out-going correspondence, copies of articles written about Huffaker, Samuel P. Langley, research on Octave Chanute, articles written by Steve and Julie Hensley, several versions of the Hensley’s thesis, and genealogical information on the Huffaker family.
- circa 1877-2010 and undated
- Kevin, James (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.75 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged alphabetically by topic.
Method of Acquisition
The James Kevin Research Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by James Kevin, of Mountain Home, Tennessee, on September 28, 2004.
Accruals and Additions
James Kevin donated his essay on the Peters Hollow Easter Egg Fight on September 19, 2010.
This collection was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in November 2006.
- Chanute, Octave, 1832-1910
- Langley, Samuel Pierpont, 1834-1906
- Zahm, Albert Francis, b. 1862
- Aeronautics -- United States -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Huffaker family
- Huffaker, Edward C.
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Brianne Johnson
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA