Edwin W. Kennedy Papers
Collection — other: Boxes 1-2
Scope and Contents
The Edwin W. Kennedy Papers consist of an 1897 yearbook titled Donnybrook Fair from the Women's College of Baltimore (later known as Goucher College); four notebooks (handwritten) with notes and essays on historical topics and correspondence written by Kennedy to others; and one set of index cards with notes and bibliographies. The material documents Kennedy's teaching and research interests and dates from 1897 to the early 1930s.
- 1897-1932 and undated
- Kennedy, Edwin Wexler, 1857-1935 (Person)
1.00 linear feet (2 boxes)
Material is arranged alphabetically by subject and document type.
Method of Acquisition
The Edwin W. Kennedy Papers were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by his niece, Dorothy Kennedy Whitlock Wood, Jonesborough, Tennessee, on March 13, 1997.
Ned Irwin completed processing, and the papers were opened to researchers in March 1997.
- Jackson, Andrew, 1767-1845
- History -- Study and teaching Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rome--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Woman's College of Baltimore
- Ned Irwin
- Language of description