Dale K. Larkin Collection
Collection — Box: 1-5
Scope and Contents
The Dale K. Larkin Collection contains correspondence of the Communications Workers of America (CWA) Union from the local level to the national level; organizational, legal, and financial documents from the CWA and American Federation of Labor-Congress of Industrial Organizations (AFL-CIO); and training programs and special projects sponsored by CWA and unions affiliated with the AFL-CIO. The collection also includes a variety of documents from United Inter-Mountain Telephone Company, a number of international and regional union publications, and newsclippings and memorabilia on the CWA. The papers date from 1959-1985, but the bulk of the collection dates from 1975-85.
- Majority of material found in 1975-1985
- Larkin, Dale K., 1955- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for public research.
2.50 linear feet
Since there was no discernible arrangement to the collection, the collection was divided into six series as follows: Series 1, Organizational, Legal, and Financial Documents; Series 2, Training Programs and Special Projects; Series 3, Incoming Correspondence; Series 4, United Inter-Mountain Telephone; Series 5, Publications; and Series 6, Memorabilia.
Method of Acquisition
The Dale K. Larkin Collection was donated by Dale K. Larkin to the Archives of Appalachia on October 17, 1986. The collection includes the papers that were acquired by Larkin as the result of his association with United Inter-Mountain Telephone (UIMT) Company and Communications Workers of America (CWA), Local 10871.
The processing of the collection was completed by Michelle Saas in December 1993.
- Byrd, W.H.
- Dorsey, Karen
- Freeman, Darrell
- Howe, J.B.
- Kirkland, Lane
- McGee, J.D.
- Neeley, James G.
- Taylor, Jim
- Woods, Harold
- Collective bargaining--Telecommunication Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Communications Workers of America. Local 10871
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Labor unions--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Telecommunications--Employees--Labor unions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United Inter-Mountain Telephone Company
- Upper East Tennessee Central Labor Council
- Michelle Saas
- Language of description