Johnson City Community Theatre Records
Scope and Contents
The Johnson City Community Theatre records include financial records, charter, building blueprints and plans, photographs, playbills, newsletters, and scrapbooks. The records reflect the financial operations of the group, planning for the playhouse, and publicity activities relating to the performances. Some special activities documented in the collection are the silver anniversary of the Johnson City Community Theatre and the awards ceremonies for best actor and actress. The material dates from 1924 to 1984.
- 1924 - 1984
- Johnson City Community Theatre (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
5.70 linear feet (12 boxes, 1 oversized folder)
Language of Materials
The records are divided into three series: Series 1, Administrative Records; Series 2, Production Publicity Files; and Series 3, Scrapbooks.
Method of Acquisition
The records of the Johnson City Community Theatre were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by McBerney Burleson on February 9, 1983.
Betty Davis and Karen House completed the processing of the collection in January 1987.
- Community theater -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Little theater movement--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Theaters--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Betty Davis and Karen House
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA