Johnson City Power Board Records
Scope and Contents
The Johnson City Power Board Records consist of financial statements, records of disbursements, lists of customers, monthly reports, power distribution monthly reports submitted to the Tennessee Valley Authority, rate schedules, contracts between the utility and the Tennessee Valley Authority, and an analysis of the utility's rates. Most of the records are dated from 1956 to 1980, while a few records are undated.
- Johnson City Power Board (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
0.75 linear feet (2 boxes, 2 oversized folders)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Johnson City Power Board Records were donated to the archives on January 23, 1987, by Joe L. Wilson on behalf of the Power Board.
The following unannotated maps were added to the Archives of Appalachia map collection:
Indian Springs Quadrangle, 1940 Spurgeon Quadrangle, 1940 Sullivan Gardens Quadrangle, 1939
Ed Speer completed processing and the records were opened to researchers in January 1997.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Electric power distribution -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Electric utilities -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Tennessee Valley Authority
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA