Johnson City Kiwanis Club Records
Scope and Contents
The Kiwanis Club Records contain a variety of types of documentation of the club's history. Included are the organization's by-laws, amendments to the by-laws, minutes of weekly meetings, minutes of Board of Directors meetings, activity reports, financial reports, election reports, membership lists, committee reports, newspaper clippings about Kiwanis activities, and photographs of Kiwanis members and events. The photographs have been placed with the main body of the collection.
The collection also includes documentation which relates to the Kentucky-Tennessee district, and to Kiwanis International. Included in the publications series, for example, are Kentucky-Tennessee district publications and Kiwanis International publications.
- Kiwanis Club (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
8.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into 16 series.
Method of Acquisition
The records of the Johnson City Kiwanis Club have been deeded to the Archives by three distinct donors. The first donor was Mary Hardin McCown, who donated Kiwanis materials to the Sherrod Library on April 8, 1974. These materials were transferred to the archives upon its establishment in 1978. The McCown donation was opened for research in 1979. Subsequent Kiwanis documents have been donated to the archives by McBerney Burleson, 1986-89, and Dick Stanton, 1987. These materials were opened for research in 1989.
- Charities Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kiwanis International
- Law enforcement Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Lee B. Harr Memorial Scholarship Fund
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Science--Exhibitions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Traffic safety Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA