Evelyn Bryan Johnson Papers
Scope and Contents
The Evelyn Bryan Johnson Papers contain newsclippings, magazine articles, and a number of publications documenting her career as a pilot as well as the field of aviation. The photographs in the collection document her career and in particular her induction into the Aviation Museum of Kentucky’s Hall of Fame. There are a number of scrapbooks that contain clippings and photographs of Mrs. Johnson’s career and her work at Moore- Murrell Field.
- 1930 - 2002
- Johnson, Evelyn Bryan (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
13.00 linear feet (11 boxes, 1 oversize folder)
0.45 linear feet
The collection is arranged into three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1953-2002 and undated; Series 2, Memorabilia, 1931-2001 and undated; and Series 3, Photographs, 1930-1996 and undated.
This collection also consists of some unprocessed letters, photographs and memorabilia. Please contact us for information about these materials.
Method of Acquisition
The Evelyn Bryan Johnson Papers were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on March 26, 2002 by Evelyn Bryan Johnson, Morristown, Tennessee.
In August 2012, Marilyn Burton donated a small quantity of letters, photographs and memorabilia found in Johnson's house after her death.
Mama Bird, Biography of Evelyn Bryan Johnson, A Flight Instructor by George Prince was removed from the collection, cataloged, and shelved into Special Collections.
Brianne Johnson processed the collection, and it was opened for research in November 2006.
- Aeronautics -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Aeronautics, Commercial -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Airports -- Tennessee -- Morristown Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Morristown Flying Service (Firm)
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Women air pilots--United States--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Brianne Johnson
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note