Norma Jennings Papers
Scope and Contents
Almost all of the materials in the collection relate directly or indirectly to the 1979 strikes. But there are two distinct type of materials: legal document relating to the FCMS arbitration hearings in 1979-80 and ballots from Local 402 elections, 1981-82.
- Jennings, Norma W. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
1.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection contains two Series: Series 1, 1979 Strike Arbitration, 1979-80; and Series 2, Local 402 Elections, 1981-82.
Method of Acquisition
The Norma Jennings Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Norma Jennings on June 17, 1994.
Processing of the collection was completed in October 1997 by Jim Register and Marie Tedesco.
- Arbitration, Industrial -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Levi Strauss and Company
- Strikes and lockouts--Tennessee--Maryville Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- United Garment Workers of America. Local 402 (Maryville, Tenn.)
- Language of description
- Script of description