Clear Fork Baptist Church Minute Book
Collection — Box: E (Small Collections)
Scope and Contents
The Clear Fork Baptist Church Minute Book consists of a single bound volume that contains handwritten meeting minutes, membership lists, financial records, and the names of individuals who were withdrawn from the church's membership roll. The minute book documents the weekly operation and activities of this Greene County, Tennessee church. The book also contains two distinct lists that identify the church's membership for the years 1875 and 1890.
- Clear Fork Baptist Church (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The minute book is open for research.
0.10 linear feet (consisting of a single bound volume)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Clear Fork Baptist Church Minute Book was purchased by Hal Smith, a former director of East Tennessee State University's Sherrod Library, on February 28, 1956. It was transferred to the Archives of Appalachia on May 22, 1985 by Fred Borchuck, current director of the Sherrod Library, accession number 1985-117.
Dawn Gentry,Melissa Garant, and Scott Schwartz completed processing and the minute book was opened for research on September 20, 1991.
- Cox, Ed D.
- Hawkins, Jacob
- Montieth, Henry
- Wheeler, John
- Baptists -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Church records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greene County (Tenn.)--Church history Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Holston Baptist Association
- Ratliff, James
- Scott, S.D.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script