Harold E. Hopkins Papers
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 500-AppMs 695
Scope and Contents
The Harold E. Hopkins Papers consist of booklets related to piloting an aircraft, a pilot log book; his college diploma and other material related to Hopkins’ schooling at East Tennessee State College; documents related to his military service; newspaper clippings (mostly related to his time at ETSC); a map; and miscellaneous items. The collection provides background and insight into Hopkins life and teaching career.
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.25 linear feet
1 box other_unmapped
The collection is arranged as one series in alphabetical order by subject heading.
Method of Acquisition
The collection was transferred from the Reece Museum to the Archives of Appalachia on April 11, 2005. At some unknown date prior to this, the collection had been donated to the museum, though the name of the donor is unknown.
A map of Johnson City, Tennessee, 1950 was added to the Archives of Appalachia map collection.
The collection was processed by Ned Irwin and opened for research in April 2007.
- Aeronautics -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University
- Hopkins, Harold E. (Harold Eugene), 1925-
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Philippines--History--Japanese occucpation, 1942-1945 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ned Irwin
- Language of description