Clarence W. Hobson Collection
Collection — other: Box 1
Identifier: 500-AppMs 406
Scope and Contents
The Clarence W. Hobson Collection consists of photocopies of newsclippings, correspondence, photographs, Hobson's memoir ("Appalachia Is My Home, a memoir"), miscellaneous autobiographical material and essays, and genealogical information related to the Hobson family. The material covers the period 1857-1993 and relates to Hobson's life experiences, along with material related to the Dosser family business interests.
- Hobson, Clarence W., 1903-1997 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.25 linear feet (One legal-size document box)
The material is filed alphabetically by subject with correspondence arranged chronologically.
Method of Acquisition
The Clarence W. Hobson Collection was donated to the archives on June 2, 1992, with additions on December 5, 1994 and July 29, 1996, by Clarence W. Hobson, Johnson City, Tenn.
Ned Irwin completed processing, and the collection was opened to researchers in January 1997.
- Dosser family
- Dosser's, Inc.
- Hobson family
- Hobson, Clarence W., 1903-1997
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Commerce Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Mitchell County (N. C.)--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Mitchell County (N.C.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Retail trade--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description