Susan H. Henry Collection of ET&WNC Railroad and ET&WNC Transportation Company Memorabilia
Collection — Box: 1
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of material pertaining to the early years of the ET&WNC Railroad and to the last years of the ET&WNC Transportation Company. ET&WNC Railroad material includes correspondence and other historical documents as well as articles about the railroad, photographs and postcards. The ET&WNC Transportation Company material includes marketing material, employee photographs, the Red Ball Motor Freight Offer to Purchase and a financial statement.
- 1874-1977, undated
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.50 linear feet (1 legal document box; 1 oversize folder)
The collection is arranged alphabetically by topic, with the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad material preceding the East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Transportation Company material.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The material was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Susan H. Henry, Columbia, Maryland, on September 23, 2005, accession 2006-019, and on July 9, 2007, accession 2007-069.
The first accession was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in March 2007. Jen Bingham reprocessed the material in May 2016 in order to incorporate the second accession.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee & Western North Carolina Railroad
- East Tennessee and Western North Carolina Transportation Company
- Hardin, J. C. (Jordan Councill), 1830-1898
- Pardee, Ario, 1839-1901
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Railroads--Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Trucking--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source