General Shale Products Corporation Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The General Shale Products Corporation Records contain three Hollinger boxes of loose ledger sheets and one ledger of stock holder meeting minutes, minutes to General Shale Products Company board of directors meetings, corporate by-laws, land deeds, and correspondence documenting the general operation and management of the company between 1909 and 1986. In addition to these records there are documents that portray General Shale Products acquisition of the Kingsport Brick Corporation, Johnson City Shale Brick Corporation, Richlands Brick Company and Bristol Brick Company between 1928 and 1929.
- General Shale Products Corporation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open to research.
1.50 linear feet (3 boxes, 1 ledger)
The ledger and ledger sheets are arranged first alphabetically by company name and then chronologically by the first date of each folder's date span.
Method of Acquisition
The General Shale Products Corporation Records were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by James Widener November 16, 1987.
Scott Schwartz, Dawn Gentry and A.Kilgore completed processing and the records were opened to researchers April 12, 1990.
- Bruce, Glen
- Coe, Charles F.
- Dennis, John B. (John Bartlett), 1866-1947
- Doggett, Arthur J.
- Doggett, Ruth C.
- Eaton, Warren P.
- Franke, William B. (William Birrell)
- Hunter, E. H.
- Hyatt, C. C., Jr.
- Johnson, J. Fred (John Frederick), 1874-1944
- Meade, Roy H.
- Sells, Sam H.
- Sells, Sam Riley, 1871-1935
- Sells, W. S.
- Brick trade Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Industries -- Tennessee -- Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Industries -- Tennessee -- Kingsport Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson City Shale Brick Corporation
- Kingsport Brick Corporation
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Richlands Brick Corporation
- Tunnel kilns Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- United States. Securities and Exchange Commission
- Scott Schwartz, Dawn Gentry and A. Kilgore
- Language of description