John Robinson Garland Papers
Collection — other: Boxes 1-2
Identifier: 500-AppMs 646
Scope and Contents
The John Robinson Garland Papers consist of business records related to the First Utility District of Carter County, Tenn., and document the utility’s operations between the 1950s and 1970s. During much of this time, Garland was president of the utility company. The collection includes correspondence, contracts, minutes of meetings of the utility district directors, and audit reports.
- Garland, John Robinson (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
1.00 linear feet
2 boxes other_unmapped
The papers consist of 2 boxes with material filed in alphabetical order by subject.
Method of Acquisition
The John Robinson Garland Papers were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Martha Whaley, Elizabethton, Tenn., on June 20, 2003.
Kirk Hrivnak completed processing the collection in May 2008.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- First Utility District (Carter County, Tenn.)
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Public utility districts--Tennessee--Carter County Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Kirk Hrivnak
- Language of description