Bill R. Fox Collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The Bill R. Fox Collection consists of athletic programs, guides, and other miscellaneous sports publications and scrapbooks documenting Fox’s interest in radio programming and sporting teams and events, especially in the Tri-Cities area. The collection documents this interest and includes extensive coverage of East Tennessee State University football and basketball games as well as Science Hill High School and other area colleges and schools. The scrapbooks include newspaper clippings, press releases, publicity photographs, and miscellaneous printed matter.
- Fox, Bill R. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
19.25 linear feet (14 boxes)
The collection is arranged in two series, as follows: Series 1, Publications, 1952-2003 and undated; and Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1946-1990. Publications are arranged in order by title, while scrapbooks are arranged in chronological order.
Method of Acquisition
Bill R. Fox, Johnson City, Tenn., made the original donation of a radio program scrapbook, which he had completed as a school project in 1946, to the Archives of Appalachia on July 12, 1994. Additional material was donated by Fox on October 6, 2006.
Ned Irwin processed the original scrapbook donation in July 1997. Following the donation of extensive new material, the collection was reprocessed to incorporate all donations by Kirk Hrivnak in April 2008.
- Athletics -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Radio stations--Tennessee, East Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Science Hill High School (Johnson City, Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- WBEJ (Radio station : Elizabethton, Tenn.)
- Ned Irwin and Kirk Hrivnak
- Language of description