Kenny Fannon Photograph Collection
Scope and Contents
The Kenny Fannon Photograph Collection consists of copy prints of photographs of the trains and scenery along the Interstate Railroad and Southern Railway in Southwest Virginia as well as images of people, especially school groups. Thirty of the images were originally photographed with a panoramic camera. According to Fannon, the panoramas were made by a photographer surnamed Jenkins who was active circa 1920 to 1940. The other images appear to be from various sources.
- 1893-1946, undated
- Fannon, Kenny (Collector, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
Digital content is available here: Kenny Fannon Photograph Collection
Conditions Governing Use
Copyright restrictions may apply.
1.8 linear feet (43 photographs in 1 flat box)
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Kenny Fannon of Duffield, Virginia allowed the archives to copy 30 negatives from his collection in 1996, accession 1996-004. Thirteen photographs stamped "Collection of Kenny Fannon" were removed from the Appalachian Photographic Collection and added to this collection in November 2013. The orginal source of those photographs is unknown.
Existence and Location of Originals
Location of originals unknown.
Ned Irwin completed processing, and the collection was opened to researchers in March 1997. Sarah Brackins revised the finding aid in November 2013. Jen Bingham updated the photograph descriptions in June 2019.
- Appalachia (Va.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Big Stone Gap (Va.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Copy prints Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Interstate Railroad Company
- Landscape--Virginia, Southwest Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Panoramic photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Powell River Valley (Va. and Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Railroads--Virginia, Southwest Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Southern Railway (U.S.)