Anne Newton Collection
Scope and Contents
The Anne Newton Collection consists of the following: correspondence between Newton and donors of photographs; black and white photographic prints; and notes taken by Newton on the prints. Most of the prints depict early Johnson City schools and their classes. Photographs are copies of originals which date from 1910-38. The correspondence and notes date from 1987.
- Majority of material found in 1910-1939; 1989
- Newton, Anne (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
3.00 folder(s) (15 black and white photographs)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Anne Newton Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia on November 18, 1987 by Anne Newton, Tuscaloosa, Alabama.
Processing of the collection was completed in 1994 by Marie Tedesco.
- Columbus Powell School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Martha Wilder School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- North Side School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- West Side School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Marie Tedesco
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note