National Association of Retired Federal Employees Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The collection documents the operations and activities of the local Johnson City chapter of the National Association of Retired Federal Employees, primarily from the early 1970s until 2003. The records include the chapter charter, meeting minutes, membership registration information, newsletters and other publications, proclamations, scrapbooks, and photographs.
- 1953-2003 and undated
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
7.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into three series, as follows: Series 1, Administrative Subject Files, 1953-2002; Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1955-2003; and Series 3, Photographs, 1993-2000 and undated.
Method of Acquisition
The records of the Johnson City chapter of the National Association of Retired Federal Employees Records were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on behalf of the organization by Charles Aiken, Johnson City, Tenn., on January 13, 2003.
The collection was processed by Kirk Hrivnak in April 2008.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Societies, etc. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kirk Hrivnak
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note