East Tennessee Education Association Records
Scope and Contents
The East Tennessee Education Association Records include organizational documents, correspondence, committee reports, financial reports, resolutions, minutes of the Executive Committee, newspaper clippings, news releases, and publications. The emphasis of the collection is on the content of the departmental programs, speakers for the general sessions, and the resolutions prepared by the Resolutions Committee.
The additions to the East Tennessee Education Association Records consists of executive committee meeting minutes, financial reports, and documents which relate to the association's annual conventions.
- East Tennessee Education Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
17.00 linear feet (41 boxes)
Language of Materials
This collection is divided into six series: Series 1, Organizational Records, 1911, 1931-1969; Series 2, Correspondence, 1916-1975; Series 3, Executive Committee and Annual Meeting Minutes, 1920-1975; Series 4, Financial Records, 1909-1975; Series 5, Annual Meeting Materials, 1928-1975; and Series 6, Publications and Newspaper Clippings, 1911-1975.
Materials in the addition have been added to the following series: Series 3, Executive Committee and Annual Meeting Minutes, 1976-84, Box 41; Series 4, Financial Records, 1976-80, Box 41; Series 5.3 Resolutions, 1976-80, Box 41; and Series 6, Publications, 1976-84, Box 41. A new subseries has been added to Series 5, Subseries 5.5, Other Documents, Relating to Annual Meetings, 1977-84, Box 41.
In 1951 Mack P. Davis received the permission of President Burgin E. Dossett to store the records of the East Tennessee Education Association in the Sherrod Library, which served as the college's archives.
Method of Acquisition
The collection was transferred to the Archives of Appalachia shortly after it opened in 1978.
Processing of the collection was completed in 1979. Marie Tedesco revised the finding aid in 1995.
- Akers, Donald
- Ballard, H. T.
- Bass, Frank E.
- Beasley, William M.
- Clapp, Beecher
- Clement, Frank Goad
- Davis, Mack P. (Mack Parker)
- Derthick, Lawrence Gridley, 1905-
- Doyle, Mildred Eloise, 1904-
- Folger, John K.
- Galloway, D. M.
- Graff, Orin B.
- Holt, Andrew D. (Andrew David), b. 1904
- Humphreys, John S.
- Kefauver, Estes, 1903-1963
- Lane, L. Quentin
- Phillips, Dayton E. (Dayton Edward), 1910-1980
- Rogers, C. E. (Christian Edley)
- Sahli, Donald G.
- Stassen, Harold Edward, 1907-
- Walker, John A.
- American Federation of Teachers
- Appalachia Educational Laboratory
- Burleson, David Sinclair, 1871-1953
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Discrimination Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee Education Association
- Education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Education -- Tennessee, East Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Hoover, Herbert, 1874-1964
- Knoxville Education Association
- Knoxville Teachers League
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- National Education Association of the United States
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Redpath Bureau
- Reece, B. Carroll (Brazilla Carroll), 1889-1961
- Scholarships Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- School integration Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Teachers--Salaries, etc. Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee Education Association
- Wantling, Dale Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note