James Tipton Ellis Journal
Scope and Contents
The James Tipton Ellis Journal consists of a photocopy of the original journal used by Ellis for keeping personal and business accounts. Journal entries include information on Carter County, Tennessee marriages (some of which he performed as a justice of the peace) and deaths, as well as for purchases of goods.
- Ellis, James Tipton, 1845-1924 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.10 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
A photocopy of the James Tipton Ellis journal was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Robert T. Nave, Johnson City, Tennessee. June 10, 1994, accession number 1994-052.
Existence and Location of Originals
Location of original unknown.
The collection was processed in September 2002 by Ned Irwin.
- Carter County (Tenn.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ellis family
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Registers of births, etc.--Tennessee--Hamblen County Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note