Edward D. Cross Scrapbooks
Scope and Contents
The Edward D. Cross Collection consists of 85 scrapbooks compiled by the donor. The scrapbooks contain clippings from newspapers and popular magazines, photographs, stamps, correspondence, currency, obituaries, postcards, brochures, tickets, membership cards, licenses, formal announcements, and other printed ephemera. Some of the items pasted in the scrapbooks are undated, but the dated items are from the period 1901 to 1993. There are also some World War II-era German photographs and postcards.
- Cross, Edward Dallas, 1907-2000 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
9.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The scrapbooks are arranged in chronological order. The titles on the scrapbooks are Cross' own.
Method of Acquisition
The Edward D. Cross Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia on October 27, 1997, by Edward D. Cross. Gene Morrell contributed the photographs and postcards in August 2011, accession number 2014-044.
Ned Irwin completed processing, and the collection was opened to researchers in November 1997. Haley Davis completed the index to the collection December 2001.
- Kennedy, John F. (John Fitzgerald), 1917-1963
- Caricatures and cartoons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sullivan County (Tenn.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Wit and humor Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- World War, 1939-1945 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA