Old Time Dance Conference Collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The Old Time Dance Conference Collection consists of audio and video tapes of the 1989 and 1990 dance programs, together with additional tapes on different styles of dance. The last-mentioned tapes cover dances and dance festivals which were not part of the Old Time Dance Conference program but which were donated by participants on the 1989 program. Also included in the collection are two file folders which contain descriptive notes on the tapes.
- 1930 - 1990
Conditions Governing Use
Recordings may be duplicated for personal, educational or scholarly use. But no portion of these recordings may be published without the written permission of the director of the Center for Appalachian Studies and Services. In addition, Tapes 1-6 may not be used commercially without first obtaining permission from the individual donors.
38.00 Video recordings
7 Sound recordings
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into two series: Series 1, 1989 Program; and Series 2, 1990 Program.
Method of Acquisition
The Old Time Dance Conference Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Richard Blaustein, director of the Center for Appalachian Studies and Services on June 23, 1989.
Accruals and Additions
Subsequent additions have been made on July 10, 1989 and September 19, 1990.
Processing was completed by Marie Tedesco, and the collection was opened for research in 1990.
- Calhoun, Walker
- Christian, Jacky
- Dalsemer, Robert G., 1943-
- Fine, Elizabeth C. (Elizabeth Calvert)
- Friedland, LeeEllen
- Fulkerson, Ralph
- Matthews, Gail V. S. (Gail Vigeant Sangster), 1957-
- McNeil, Bill
- Patterson, Nona Brawner
- Phillips, Bob
- Quigley, Colin
- Seeger, Mike, 1933-
- Whisnant, David E., 1938-
- Woodside, Jane Harris
- African American dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Cherokee dance Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Clog dancing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dixie Dewdrops (Musical group)
- Folk dancing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- John C. Campbell Folk School
- Johnson City Grand Squares
- Jon Konnu (Dance) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity. Iota Zeta Chapter (East Tennessee State University)
- Old Time Dance Conference (1989-1990:East Tennessee State University) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Rough Creek Cloggers
- Spalding, Susan Eike
- Square dancing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Step dancing Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Waltz Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script