Pressmen's Home Collection
Scope and Contents
This collection consists of materials documenting the Pressmen's Home near Rogersville, Tennessee. Much of the material was collected by Jack Mooney in the course of his research for his book about the International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (IPPAU).
- 1907-1976 and undated
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
3.6 linear feet (One legal half-size document box, two flat boxes, one cassette box, one reel of film and one oversize folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Jack Mooney donated 38 photographs (accession 1988-041); the 16mm film (accession 1992-039); 20 audiocassette interviews (accession 2012-011); the panoramic photograph of Pressmen's Home (accession 2012-009); a postcard and the key and fob (accession 2017-031).
Guerry McConnell contributed his interview of Henry Reid Price in 2008 (accession 2008-019).
Georgia Greer processed the initial donation in 1989. Thomas Hilton and Jen Bingham incorporated additional accruals in April 2017.
- Berry, George Leonard, 1882-1948
- Audiocassettes Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Motion pictures (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Oral histories Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Pressmen's Home (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Printing presses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- International Printing Pressmen and Assistants' Union of North America (Organization)
- Mooney, Jack (Person)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note