McBerney Burleson Collection
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents
The McBerney Burleson Collection documents Burleson’s life and personal interests and activities. This includes his involvement with East Tennessee State University, First United Methodist Church in Johnson City, the Johnson City Community Theatre, and the Kiwanis Club. The collection includes correspondence, newsclippings, sports statistics and information on ETSU and local high school athletic teams, publications, programs, brochures, other printed material, and a small collection of photographs housed in Small Photographic Collection Box 8.
- Burleson, Berney (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
7.20 linear feet (11 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized folder, 2 folders of photographs)
The collection is arranged into two series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1920-1994 and undated, and Series 2, Photographs, 1931-1989 and undated.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition
McBerney Burleson, Johnson City, Tenn., made the original donation of materials for his collection to the Archives of Appalachia on November 21, 1984. He made additional donations in 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993. Carolyn Bond, Sherrod Library, ETSU, donated further material on October 30, 2001.
The collection was processed by Jessica Ball in February 2008.
- Burleson, Berney
- Community theater -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- First United Methodist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Kiwanis Club (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Science Hill High School (Johnson City, Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sports records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Jessica Ball
- Description rules
- Rules for Archival Description