McBerney Burleson Collection
Scope and Contents
The McBerney Burleson Collection documents Burleson’s life and personal interests and activities. This includes his involvement with East Tennessee State University, First United Methodist Church in Johnson City, the Johnson City Community Theatre, and the Kiwanis Club. The collection includes correspondence, newsclippings, photographs, sports statistics and information on ETSU and local high school athletic teams, publications, programs, brochures, and other printed material.
- Burleson, Berney (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
7.20 linear feet (11 manuscript boxes, 1 oversized folder, 2 folders of photographs)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
McBerney Burleson, Johnson City, Tennessee, made the original donation of materials for his collection to the Archives of Appalachia on November 21, 1984. He made additional donations in 1985, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, and 1993. Carolyn Bond, Sherrod Library, ETSU, donated additional material on October 30, 2001.
The collection was processed by Jessica Ball in February 2008.
- Community theater -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University
- East Tennessee State University--Sports
- First United Methodist Church (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Kiwanis Club (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Science Hill High School (Johnson City, Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Sports records Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description