Christy Family Papers
Scope and Contents
The Christy Family Papers consists of materials relating to Thomas Calvin Christy's work on radio and television programs. The papers include correspondence, audio and video recordings, photographs, and personal documents pertaining to the Christy Family.
- Christy, Thomas Calvin, 1950- (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
1.00 linear feet (1 oversize folder, 70 audiotapes, 7 videotapes, 11 8mm films, 8 photographic prints)
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
The Christy Family Papers were placed on deposit with the Archives of Appalachia on August 16, 1982 by Thomas Calvin Christy.
The collection was processed in February of 1987. The Finding Aid was revised by Marie Tedesco in 1991.
- Spears, Ross
- Bluegrass music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Broadside Television
- Folk music Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Old-time music Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Road Company (Theatrical company) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- WETS (Radio station : Johnson City, Tenn.)
- WKPT-FM (Kingsport, Tenn.)
- WOPI (Radio station: Bristol, Tenn.)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note