Communications Workers of America, East Tennessee Office Records
Scope and Contents
The records of the East Tennessee-Kentucky office of CWA contain minutes, correspondence, reports, grievance case files, research notes, pamphlets and posters. The records relate to training of stewards, directors, secretary treasurers, and local leaders. The majority of these records consist of files pertaining to stewards and local leaders. Much of this material was published and issued by the national office. The publications were given to members of regional offices during training sessions. There is also incoming and outgoing correspondence of The East Tennessee-Kentucky office dating between 1960 and 1970. The records date from 1959 to 1979.
- Communications Workers of America, East Tennessee Office (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
3.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into two series: Series 1, General Office Files and Series 2, Training Materials. Series 2 is divided into two subseries: Subseries 2.1, CWA Leader Information and Subseries 2.2, Steward Training Material.
Method of Acquisition
The Communications Workers of America, East Tennessee Office Records were transferred in two groups to the Archives of Appalachia on October 29, 1979 by Calvin Patrick, and on February 20, 1980 by R. Stanley Powell. Both men served as Directors of the East Tennessee-Kentucky Communications Workers of America.
Three pens and four name tags have been removed and placed in the Archives of Appalachia artifact collection. An audio disk was placed in the Archives audio visual collection under the accession number.
Processing was completed, and the records were opened to researchers on February 1, 1990.
- Brown, W. W. (Willard W.)
- Browning, John T.
- Buttram, W. E.
- Daniel, Lonnie B.
- Hunigan, Charles W.
- Salvi, Richard F.
- Sasser, James R.
- Volk, T. J.
- Baker, Howard H., Jr. (Howard Henry), 1925-2014
- Collective bargaining--Telecommunication Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collective labor agreements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Communications Workers of America. East Tennessee Office
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Labor unions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Labor unions--Political activity Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Labor-Marketing Reporting and Disclosure Act of 1959 Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- North Electric Company
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Telecommunications--Employees--Labor unions Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA