J. B. Collins Photographs
Collection — other: 1 folder in Box 3
Identifier: 500-AppMs 446
Scope and Contents
The J. B. Collins Photographs collection consists of 79 black and white photographic images (4" x 5") on 20 contact sheets depicting serpent-handling church services at the Dolley Pond Church of God with Signs Following at Birchwood, Tennessee, and the Faith Tabernacle at LaFollette, Tennessee, c. 1945. Included are scenes of members being arrested at the Dolley Pond church and scenes at the Hamilton County Courthouse in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- c. 1945
- Collins, J.B. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The photographs are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
The photographs may not be reproduced or used for commercial purposes.
The contact sheets are housed in one file folder.
Method of Acquisition
The collection of J. B. Collins Photographs was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by J. B. Collins, Chattanooga, Tennessee, December 7, 1990 and opened to researchers in December 1996. The original negatives from which the contact prints were made have been returned to the donor.
Ned Irwin completed processing the collection in December 1996.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Dolley Pond Church of God with Signs Following (Birchwood, Tenn.)
- Faith Tabernacle (LaFollette, Tenn.)
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Religion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Snake cults (Holiness churches) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee--Religion Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Ned Irwin
- Language of description