Franklin Parker Collection
Scope and Contents
The Franklin Parker Collection contains materials that document the life of Myles Horton and his activities at the Highlander Research and Education Center (known prior to 1961 as the Highlander Folk School). Included are articles, newspaper clippings, publications, and correspondence.
- 1941-2001 and undated
- Parker, Franklin (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.75 linear feet
Language of Materials
Material is arranged alphabetically by author or subject.
Method of Acquisition
The Franklin Parker Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Franklin Parker, Pleasant Hill, Tenn., on November 29, 2001.
This collection was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in March 2007.
- Highlander Folk School (Monteagle, Tenn.)
- Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Horton, Myles, 1905-1990
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note