Boons [Boones] Creek Male and Female Seminary Records
Scope and Contents
Boons [Boones] Creek Male & Female Seminary Papers consist of photostatic negatives of the constitution and bylaws of the school, lists of students, and a financial statement.
- circa 1958
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
0.05 linear feet
Language of Materials
The papers of Boons [Boones] Creek Male & Female Seminary were copied by Robert F. Brumit from the originals in the possession of Wayland Crouch, Jonesborough, Tennessee. Brumit gave the copies to Sherrod Library on July 31, 1958.
Method of Acquisition
The Boons [Boones] Creek Male & Female Seminary Records were transferred to the Archives of Appalachia on May 21, 1979 from the Sherrod Library, East Tennessee State University.
Existence and Location of Originals
Current location of originals unknown.
David Goodin completed processing of the collection, and the papers were opened for research May 22, 1979.
- Boones Creek (Tenn.) Subject Source: Local sources
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools--Tennessee--Washington County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Washington County (Tenn.)--History Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA