Blountville Circuit Quarterly (Holston) Conference Minute Books
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of photocopies of minutes of Blountville Circuit Stewards' Quarterly Conference (November 13, 1841-December 4, 1859 and September 30, 1873-August 2, 1886) and includes financial statements, ministerial examinations and licensing, reports on Sunday School election of trustees, reports on the state of the church for Blountville Circuit, and committee reports on various subjects.
- 1841-1859, 1873-1886
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
0.13 linear feet
Language of Materials
The Blountville Circuit Quarterly Conference records were photocopied on May 24, 1966, from the originals in possession of Mrs. Edna Barnes, and placed in Sherrod Library, East Tennessee State University.
Method of Acquisition
The Blountville Circuit Quarterly Conference records were transferred to the Archives of Appalachia on December 8, 1978 from the Sherrod Library, East Tennessee State University.
Existence and Location of Originals
The records were photocopied on May 24, 1966 from copy in the possession of Edna Barnes. Location of originals unknown.
David Goodin completed processing and the records were opened for research May 18, 1979.
- Appalachian Region, Southern -- Religion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Church records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Methodist Episcopal Church, South. Holston Conference
- Methodist Episcopal Church--Clergy--Appointment, call, and election
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note