Robert Bell Collection
Collection — Box: B (Small Collections)
Scope and Contents
The Bell Collection consists primarily of copies of images relating to life in East Tennessee. There are images of the Kitzmiller house which was in Gray, Tennessee until the 1960s; various church gatherings; structures; and businesses. There is also a small handwritten booklet containing several home remedies and photocopies of the family history pages in a Miller family Bible.
- 1898-2005, undated
- Bell, Robert C. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.10 linear feet
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
Robert C. Bell of Gray, Tennessee donated the materials to the Archives of Appalachian on January 31, 1980; March 26, 1991 (accession 1990-101); and June 25, 1991 (accession 1990-131).
Existence and Location of Originals
The originals of all copied material were retained by Robert Bell.
Georgia Greer completed processing, and the collection was open for research in 1988. Marie Tedesco completed processing on the addition, and it was opened for research in 1991.
- Country life -- Appalachian Region, Southern Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Johnson City Veneer Mills
- Lumbering--Tennessee--Limestone Cove Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Negatives (photographic) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Traditional medicine--formulae, receipts, prescriptions Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Unicoi County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Washington County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note