Franklin P. Baxter Papers
Scope and Contents
The Franklin P. Baxter Papers include numerous commercial publications in several different languages, legal documents, correspondence, reports, pamphlets, and a periodical documenting the diverse collecting activities and interests of Franklin Baxter during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. In addition to these documents there are several miscellaneous records that were incorporated into the Baxter Collection by the staff of the B. Carroll Reece Museum prior to the collection's transfer to the archive.
- Baxter, Franklin P., 1853-1927 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The papers are open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
There are no restrictions on the use of this collection.
3.00 linear feet (2 boxes, 1 flat box)
Language of Materials
The collection is divided into four series: Series 1. Publications, 1863-1931; Series 2. Legal Documents, 1797-1930; Series 3. Correspondence, Reports, and Memorabilia, 1843-1930; and Series 4. Museum Records, 1825-1929.
Method of Acquisition
The Franklin P. Baxter Papers were transferred from East Tennessee State University's B. Carroll Reece Museum to the University Archives by Helen Roseberry, museum director, August 25, 1983.
Scott Schwartz, Alice Cunningham and Becky Tuthill completed processing, and the collection was opened to researchers April 20, 1990.
- Blevins, James
- Mackey, Elizabeth
- McKee, Alexander
- Rhea, Martha
- Bean, William, 1721-1782
- Carnegie Iron Company
- Citizens Bank (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Deeds Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- East Tennessee State Normal School
- East Tennessee State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greeneville College
- Maps Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Requisitions, Military Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Schools--Tennessee--Washington County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Tennessee, East--Genealogy Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tusculum College
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA