Appalachian Council for the Arts Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
Identifier: 500-AppMs 512
Scope and Contents
The Appalachian Council for the Arts Records document the interests and activities of this regionally-based arts organization in prompting the arts in the Tri-Cities region of upper East Tennessee and southwest Virginia. Material in the collection includes the charter of incorporation, constitution and by-laws, financial records, correspondence, minutes of council meetings, newsletters, grant proposals, memoranda, membership lists, and an artist registry.
- 1966-1980 and undated
- Appalachian Council for the Arts (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
6.00 linear feet
11 boxes other_unmapped
Files in the collection are arranged alphabetically by subject.
Method of Acquisition
The Appalachian Council for the Arts Records was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Dr. James Robert Reese, Department of English, ETSU, on August 6, 1998.
Kirk Hrivnak processed the collection in May 2008.
- Appalachian Council for the Arts
- Arts -- Appalachian Region, Southern Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arts -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Kirk Hrivnak
- Language of description