Appalachian Council for the Arts Records
Scope and Contents
The Appalachian Council for the Arts Records document the interests and activities of this regionally-based arts organization in prompting the arts in the Tri-Cities region of upper East Tennessee and southwest Virginia. Material in the collection includes the charter of incorporation, constitution and by-laws, financial records, correspondence, minutes of council meetings, newsletters, grant proposals, memoranda, membership lists, and an artist registry.
- 1966-1980, undated
- Appalachian Council for the Arts (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
6.00 linear feet (11 boxes)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Appalachian Council for the Arts Records was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Dr. James Robert Reese, Department of English, ETSU, on August 6, 1998.
Kirk Hrivnak processed the collection in May 2008.
- Arts -- Appalachian Region, Southern Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Arts -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA