Altrusa Club Records
Scope and Contents
The Altrusa Club Records documents the organization and activities of the Johnson City chapter covering the period primarily from the early 1960s into the 1990s. This includes information on programs, membership, service projects, and other activities. Collection material includes club bylaws, meeting minutes, reports, correspondence, financial records, membership information, publications, newsclippings, memorabilia, scrapbooks, photographs, slides, and four VHS videotapes of club meetings.
- 1955-1997, undated
- Altrusa Club (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
22.00 linear feet (22 boxes, 19 photographic prints, 24 photographic slides, 4 VHS videotapes)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into five series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1959-1997 and undated; Series 2, Memorabilia, 1955-1956 and undated; Series 3, Scrapbooks, 1961-1994; Series 4, Photographs and Slides, 1977 and undated; and Series 5, Visual Recordings, 1992-1993.
Method of Acquisition
The Altrusa Club Records were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Lee Haberstorh and Oria Keys, Johnson City, Tenn., on August 24, 1983.
Accruals and Additions
Additional material was donated by Phyllis Brown, Johnson City, Tenn., on May 25, 1994, December 7, 1994, and October 27, 1999; and by Hersel Widener, Johnson City, Tenn., on August 8, 1994.
The collection was processed by Jessica Ball and opened for research in February 2008.
- Clubs -- Tennessee -- Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Johnson City (Tenn.)--Social life and customs Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA