American Bemberg Strike of 1929 Film
Scope and Contents
The American Bemberg Strike of 1929 Film is footage of the 1929 strike that was filmed by the company photographer.
- American Bemberg Corporation (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The material is open for research.
Language of Materials
Physical Access Requirements
Access is provided via a copy of the original film.
Method of Acquisition
In August 1982 Helen Raulston gave the archives two 16mm films of the spring 1929 strike at the American Bemberg and American Glanzstoff rayon plants, Elizabethton, Tennessee. The films were taken by the company photographer and given to Mrs. Raulston's husband, Clarence, upon Bemberg's closing in 1976.
Marie Tedesco completed processing and the papers were opened for research in April 1987.
- American Glanzstoff Corp.
- Motion pictures (visual works) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Raulston, Helen, 1909-1985
- Rayon industry and trade--Tennessee--Elizabethton Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Strikes and lockouts Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Textile workers Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description