St. John’s Episcopal Church Records
Collection — Multiple Containers
The St. John’s Episcopal Church Records document administrative operations, church functions, and social happenings of the church from 1905–1994. The collection includes correspondence, financial statements, records, church publications, news clippings, photographs, and scrapbooks. Files are arranged alphabetically by subject and then chronologically.
- 1905-1994 and undated
- St. John's Episcopal Church (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
32.50 linear feet (61 boxes, 1 oversized folder)
The collection is arranged into three series, as follows: Series 1, Subject Files, 1930-1994 and undated; Series 2, Financial Records, 1928-1978; and Series 3, Memorabilia, 1905-1957 and undated.
Method of Acquisition
The St. John’s Episcopal Church Records were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on November 13, 1992 by Reverend Don E. Johnson, Senior Warden Gary M. Mabrey, and Junior Warden Charles P. Wofford, M.D.
Accruals and Additions
Additional documents were donated on August 13, 1996 by Harriet B. Cone.
Scott Phelps and Allison Wilson processed the collection, which was opened for research in December 2005.
- Scott Phelps and Allison Wilson
- Language of description