Stories on the Land Oral History Collection
Scope and Contents
The Stories on the Land Oral History Collection contains oral history interview audiotape recordings and tape transcripts relating to Rural Resources’ Stories on the Land Project. The oral histories collected from residents of Greene County, Tenn., document community life, history, social, and economic change.
- Stories on the Land Project (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
2.25 linear feet (54 audiotapes)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged into two series as follows: Series 1, Transcriptions, 1999-2000; and Series 2, Audiotape Recordings, 1999-2000.
Method of Acquisition
The Stories on the Land Oral History Collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Alice Loftin and Don M. Miller, Greeneville, Tenn., on June 19, 2002.
This collection was processed by Brianne Johnson and opened for research in March 2007.
- Agriculture -- Tennessee -- Greene County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greene County (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greene County (Tenn.)--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Greeneville (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools--Tennessee--Greene County Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Brianne Johnson
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA