Southside School PTA Records
Scope and Contents
The Southside School PTA Records document the history, development, and operations of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA) for this Johnson City, Tenn., elementary school during the mid-20th century. Material in the records include minutes of meetings, awards, reports, and scrapbooks containing newspaper clippings, programs, photographs, correspondence, and miscellaneous printed matter
- Southside School Parent-Teacher Association (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
6.00 linear feet
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged in two series, as follows: Series 1, Administrative Files, 1927-1942, and Series 2, Scrapbooks, 1938-1958.
Method of Acquisition
The Southside School PTA Records were donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Kathleen Thomas, Johnson City, Tenn., on September 18, 1997.
Kirk Hrivnak processed the collection in May 2008.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parents' and teachers' associations--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Schools--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Scrapbooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Southside School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Kirk Hrivnak
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA