Southern Appalachian Chapter of Sigma Xi Records
Scope and Contents
The Southern Appalachian Chapter of Sigma Xi Records document the activities and operations of the Johnson City, Tenn.-based chapter of the national Sigma Xi organization, including chapter meetings and sponsorship of a science fair. The collection includes charter information, correspondence, financial records, reports, records of meetings, membership information, newsletters and miscellaneous publications.
- 1967-1990 and undated
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
3.50 linear feet (7 boxes)
Language of Materials
Files in the collection are arranged in alphabetical order by subject heading.
Method of Acquisition
The Southern Appalachian Chapter of Sigma Xi Records were deposited on behalf of the chapter by Dr. W. Scott Champney in the Archives of Appalachia on July 28, 1987.
Accruals and Additions
Additional materials were deposited on July 25, 1998, September 10, 1990, July 10, 1992, and June 18, 1998.
Kirk Hrivnak completed processing the collection in May 2008.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Greek letter societies Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Learned institutions and societies--Appalachian Region, Southern Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Language of description
- Script of description