Melanie L. Sovine and Sue Smith Collection
Scope and Contents
The Melanie L. Sovine and Sue Smith Collection consists of a Spring 1982 interview with Cleo Green, her daughter Pearlie Ann Price, and her granddaughter Dale Ann Price, all members of the Calvin Primitive Baptist Church. Included are an audiocassette and an edited and annotated transcript of that tape.
- Sovine, Melanie L. (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
No portion of the tape or transcript may be reproduced or quoted without the permission of the editor.
1.00 Sound recordings (1 cassette tape, 1 edited and annotated transcript)
Method of Acquisition
The cassette audiotape and the edited transcript of "'Been a Long Time Travelin'": Three Primitive Baptist Women," were donated to the Archives of Appalachia on May 31, 1982 by Melanie L. Sovine, Appalachian Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky.
Marie Tedesco completed the processing and the collection was opened for research on February 25, 1987.
- Green, Cleo
- Price, Dale Ann
- Price, Pearlie Ann
- Calvin Primitive Baptist Church (Bell County, Ky.)
- Powell's Valley Association of Primitive Baptists
- Primitive Baptists--Kentucky--Bell County Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Religion Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Women Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings