Glenn and Betty Slemp Collection of Old Butler, Tennessee Memorabilia
Scope and Contents
The Glenn and Betty Slemp Collection consists of material from the Butler community of Johnson County, Tennessee prior to the 1948 inundation and relocation of the town, the result of the construction of the Watauga Dam. Most of the material is from the Watauga Academy.
- 1933-1964, undated
- Slemp, Betty Younce (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.25 linear feet (0.20 cubic feet in one letter-size document box)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The collection was transferred from the Reece Museum to the Archives of Appalachia on March 29, 2005. The collection had originally been donated to the Reece museum by Glen and Betty Slemp, Johnson City, Tennessee, on August 2, 1996.
The collection was processed by Ned Irwin and opened for research in July 2007.
- Butler (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson County (Tenn.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Photographs Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Watauga Academy (Butler, Tenn.)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note