Tennessee Congress of Parents and Teachers Collection
Scope and Contents
The papers of the Tennessee Congress of Parents and Teachers reflect activities of its State Conventions, Executive Committee and Board of Managers, as well as its day-to-day financial activities.
- Tennessee Congress of Parents and Teachers (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
6.70 linear feet (4 document boxes, 4 flat boxes)
Language of Materials
The collection is arranged in seven Series: Series 1, Correspondence; Series 2, Minutes; Series 3, Reports; Series 4, Financial Records; Series 5, Charters; Series 6, Printed Materials; and Series 7, Scrapbooks.
Method of Acquisition
The papers of the Tennessee Congress of Parents and Teachers were given to Sherrod Library, East Tennessee State University, and transferred to the Archives of Appalachia on March 2, 1979.
One photograph of the First District Parents and Teachers Association has been removed from the collection and stored in the map cabinets by accession number.
David Goodin completed processing, and the collection was opened for research on September 26, 1980.
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Education--Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Ledgers (account books) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Parents' and teachers' associations--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- David Goodin
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Archives of Appalachia Repository
PO Box 70295
344 J.L. Seehorn Jr. Rd.
Johnson City TN 37614 USA