Tobacco Warehouse Checks and Receipts
Scope and Contents
The Tobacco Warehouse Collection consists of 17 receipts and tobacco warehouse checks related to the sale of tobacco at local tobacco warehouses in Johnson City, Tenn., between 1929 and 1940. Receipts give the names of the tobacco grower and the tobacco buyer as well as the weight of tobacco sold and the amount paid. Among the tobacco warehouses represented in the collection are the Central Tobacco Warehouse, Cozart & Foxworth Tobacco Warehouse, and Farmers & Merchants Warehouse.
- Creation: 1929-1940; undated
- Central Tobacco Warehouse (Johnson City, Tenn.) (Organization)
- Cozart & Foxworth Tobacco Warehouse (Organization)
- Farmers & Merchants Tobacco Warehouse (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
0.05 linear feet (in one folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Tobacco Warehouse Checks and Receipts were donated anonymously to the Archives of Appalachia on March 11, 2003.
The collection was processed by Ned Irwin and opened for research in June 2007.
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note