Henry M. Slagle Journal
Scope and Contents
The Henry M. Slagle Journal is a single bound volume that reflects aspects of Slagle’s military service during the Civil War and postwar activities. The journal includes rolls of Company B, 8th Tennessee Calvary, consolidated roll of Companies B and G, and personal entries made by Slagle about the company’s activities. The remainder of the journal documents some of Slagle's postwar activities. Included among these pages are accounts of cobbler work that Slagle apparently did for individuals in the years after the war. These accounts include the name of the individual, the work done, and the cost charged. Also included are notes with questions and answers regarding “the foundation of music.”
- Slagle, Henry M., 1844-1912 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
The autobiography is open for research.
0.05 linear feet (in one folder)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The collection was donated to the Archives of Appalachia on June 14, 2006 by Dr. Thomas Burton.
The collection was processed by Ned Irwin and opened for research in July 2007.
- Daybooks Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- United States -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States, Army. Tennessee Cavalry Regiment, 8th (1863-1865)
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note