Sidewalks and Porch Swings Oral History Project
Scope and Contents
The Sidewalks and Porch Swings Oral History Project consists of eight audiocassette recordings of oral history interviews with residents, tape logs summarizing the interviews, data sheets on individuals interviewed, release forms, newspaper clippings, a photograph, and a newsletter of the Southside Neighborhood Organization which document the history of the "Tree Streets" neighborhood and residents in Johnson City, Tennessee.
- Doman, Katie (Person)
0.50 linear feet (8 audio cassette recordings)
Language of Materials
Method of Acquisition
The Sidewalks and Porch Swings Oral History Project was developed as a class project in Governor's School courses taught at ETSU by Katie Doman, Johnson City, Tennessee in the summers of 1995 and 1996 and was donated to the Archives of Appalachia by Doman on August 9, 1995 and August 12, 1996.
Ned Irwin completed the processing, and the collection was opened to researchers in March 1997.
- Dwellings -- Tennessee -- Washington County Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- East Tennessee State University -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Johnson City (Tenn.) -- History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Neighborhoods--Tennessee--Johnson City Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Southside School (Johnson City, Tenn.)
- Language of description
- Script of description