Tennessee Hunger Coalition Records
Collection — Oversize folder: 1
Scope and Contents
The Tennessee Hunger Coalition Records date from 1978 to 1996, with the bulk of the material from two periods: 1986-1988 and 1994-1996. The records contain the office files from the Kingsport location. Included are handwritten notes taken by Jon Hall at various meetings and seminars, pamphlets and newsletters on hunger, healthcare, nutrition, environmental issues, economic and community development, jobs, justice, race relations, and women’s issues. In addition, there are folders with information by and about a number of allied grassroots organizations that networked with the THC, as well as news clippings, broadsides, printed material, and three oversized posters.
- 1978-1996, undated
- Tennessee Hunger Coalition (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The collection is open for research.
2.50 linear feet (Consisting of 7 boxes, 1 oversize folder)
Language of Materials
The records are divided into three series: Series 1 consists of those materials generated by or closely linked to the Tennessee Hunger Coalition; Series 2 contains folders as they were presented from the Kingsport office of the THC; and Series 3 contains folders of printed materials from a variety of related organizations and government programs organized topically.
Method of Acquisition
The files of the East Tennessee office of the Tennessee Hunger Coalition, located at 800 Broad Street, Kingsport, Tennessee, were donated by Jon Hall on behalf of the Tennessee Hunger Coalition, May 28, 1996.
Two issues of "The Yellow Creek Concerned Citizen" newsletter were added to the Appalachian Publications at the Archives of Appalachia.
Sändra Henson processed this collection and wrote the finding aid in 2004.
- Blair, Charlie
- Bliss, Rachel
- Carter, Harrell C.
- Hall, Jon
- Block grants Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chattanooga Food Bank
- Commission on Religion in Appalachia
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Personal papers Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Save Our Cumberland Mountains (SOCM)
- Swannanoa Valley Project--Economic Renewal Program Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Language of description
- Script of description