Tennesseans Against Chemical Hazards (TEACH) Records
Scope and Contents
The collection consists of materials which document the operation of the TEACH office, as well as the activities of the organization. Included are minutes of board meetings, grant proposals, TEACH's charter and bylaws, clippings and published reports on environmental hazards in Tennessee and other states, and articles and reports on activities of environmental groups in Tennessee and other geographical regions. The records date from 1973 through 1983.
- Tennesseans Against Chemical Hazards (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
The records are open for research.
4.50 linear feet (Consisting of 9 manuscript boxes, 3 oversized map folders)
Language of Materials
The collection is organized into three series: Series 1, Office Files, 1978-83; Series 2, Reports, Studies, and Clippings, 1974-83; and Series 3, Geographical Files, 1975-83.
Method of Acquisition
The records of Tennesseans Against Chemical Hazards were donated to the Archives of Appalachia in 1992 by Shirley Harkins of Concord, Tennessee.
Processing of the collection was completed in 1996 by Marie Tedesco and E.Evans.
- Breed Reactor Corporation
- Bumpass Cove Citizens Group
- Clinch River Breeder Reactor Demonstration Power Plant (Tenn.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Corporation records Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Cypress Health and Safety Committee (Memphis, Tenn.)
- Frayser Health and Safety Committee (Memphis, Tenn.)
- Hazardous wastes -- Tennessee Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Highlander Research and Education Center (Knoxville, Tenn.)
- Publications (document genre) Subject Source: Art & Architecture Thesaurus
- Radioactive waste disposal--Tennessee Subject Source: Unspecified ingested source
- Tennessee Committee on Occupational Safety & Health
- Vanderbilt University. Center for Health Services
- Language of description
- Script of description